Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back in the saddle again...


Boy, did we get a lot of snow over Christmas! I don't remember this much as a kid, but considering I wasn't the one scooping/shoveling it out of the way, we could have very well had this much before. We have had a lot of fun playing in it though! Thank God for our safe travels and for my sister and her husband's surprise visit here and back. What blessings we all have in each other.

Now it's back to work. My new running plan started yesterday. I get one day off per week scheduled and I will take another if I get too tired or just need a break. I have a goal in mind but am not willing to share quite yet. I will say that I am going to run the marathon in Lincoln on May 3rd. It is 18 weeks away, so I am doing Hal Higdon's 18 week training plan for Advanced runners. We'll see if it kills me! I did make one change in that on Mondays, the day after long runs, I am going to do yoga instead of a short jog. I feel that I need to work on my flexibility, balance, and strength and that should be the perfect tool. I got a DVD so can just do that in my basement. I've found that I'm extremely "board-like" so hopefully this will help me!

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that ten years ago, we were so paranoid about the Y2K thing. I was at Myrtle Beach for New Year's Eve and had a good time. This year I will be at Mannheim Steamroller with my 7 year old. Ten years ago, I couldn't imagine living in Iowa again and having two little boys. Strange how your life turns out, but I sure love it!

Well, better get on with my day. Cats to clean up after, but at least there's only 6 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment