Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Running for a Paws


Dear Friends,

I wanted to let you know that I presented Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue a big check for $3000 for my fundraising efforts. This could not have been done without your help and I sincerely appreciate the thoughtfulness of everyone who donated, whether it was a quarter or $100. One year ago, I had no idea where my life would lead, and I am so happy with the way it has turned. I never thought I would run another marathon, then plan to do yet another at an even faster pace. Crazy cat lady I am!

Some of the money has been used for pet food for people who were going to surrender their dogs because they had no money for food. The husband had lost his job a few months ago and they were down to nothing. They have pet food now and can keep their wonderful dogs who they love. I have also had three cats neutered and immunized with the funds. Beth has had two cats spayed with the money.

I tell you people, it IS making a difference in the lives of these animals and the people who need our help. We are always taking tax deductible donations, so if you want to give for the first time or again, just contact me for the mailing address.
There's so many things to talk about but I have to do some other things in holiday preparations, so will have to wait until the next blog. I do have to update that Sunkist, the cat from my back yard, is doing great. He was neutered and immunized, and he is currently running around my house. He's still a little shy, but he's coming around and is fun to play with. If he only knew how COLD it would have been for him outside! I'm so thankful that I was able to bring him in and take care of him.
The winner of our Christmas tree raffle does not want her name published. So if you haven't heard that you are the winner of our raffle, we're sorry that you didn't win. I can't thank those of you who helped sell tickets enough. The tree was beautiful and the new owner loves it. Thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment