Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A long run today

I decided to go for a long run today....instead of 8 miles, I stretched it to 10. It didn't feel the best but I chugged through anyway. I felt like I had a bungie cord working against me and was taking it inch by inch up the steep hills. I was just about 3-4 miles into it and a police car pulled up. I was thinking...what in the world could I be doing wrong??? It ended up being a high school classmate of mine who was a police officer. He had a K9unit, which was a beautiful black dog. Not sure what kind and I wanted to pet him/her, but decided to keep my fingers. It was nice to see him.
The boys were a little grumpy and I was a little grumpy so it wasn't the best day. I think the best part was knowing my mom and aunt made it safely to my sister's house in Wilmington.

Paw Prints will be having some sort of craft at ArtSplash this year. I am helping Beth decide what to do. I assume the boys will be helping too! I am not sure what the next race is, but it's coming soon. I have a lot more miles to put in and run.

On a sidenote, I am saddened by the death of Michael Jackson. I think we all need to pause and remember how important it is to take care of our bodies. They are so precious and we have to treasure them. I am always amazed at my boys' beautiful innocence. I hope they take care of themselves as I hope they do now. Thinking of them as teens driving two ton cars and breaking bones while playing sports makes me want to go on anti-anxiety meds! I'm sure I'm not very different from most parents.

Well, more later this week. I will have a race schedule figured out and I hope to know how much we got from the Chili's event and from Tupperware.

No comments:

Post a Comment