Monday, August 24, 2009

A realllly loooong run today

After having a pretty good day, nice and warm, kittens doing well, friends coming to play, it has turned to crap. Some of the reasons I won't say because they don't concern me, but concern a close relative. The other reasons are my wonderful boys, who decided that during a Wii bowling game, they wouldn't stop taunting and teasing and bugging and pushing and all those things that boys do but not in the same five minute time span, fell apart tonite. So now I'm hearing screaming and "no mom, I don't want to go on the porch and sit by you" or anything else. He's screaming for daddy but then says the next breath that he want to be by himself. I don't understand children. Yes, love them, but don't understand them. These are the boys who carry around little kittens and say "I love you" all the time.
Well, I just had to vent a little. They don't want me so I am leaving them alone since they
are wanting dad, and if I show up, they pitch an even larger fit. One of those "wonderful" moments that I never thought I would hear. I know they don't really mean it, but it still cuts to the core.
Today started at 4:45 am. I got up and was running down my hill at 4:49, and I ran back up the hill at 7:24. I ran 15 miles and was pretty happy with the result. I wasn't down for the count the rest of the day (I will have to update you tomorrow to see if that's still relevent) and was very busy for the amount of running. Life doesn't stop when you're training for a marathon!
I have my weird eating habits post-running that are quite annoying. If I think of something that will be good, I almost center on that and any other food is a little discusting. Today I centered on fried pickles from Ickey Nickel. They are the best ever anyway, but I wanted them so I got some for dinner tonite. No, that's not all I'm having, but are so yummy! I look forward to being able to eat more as my metabolism increases, yet it's sort of a task to find good things to eat when I am an endless pit. I can't fill up on jalapeno chips and granola bars now can I?
I wanted to just fill you all in on my running for the day. Not sure about weather tomorrow morning and don't think I will choose to run in the rain, so we'll see about the morning run. I was thinking of doing a 3-5 miler.
As for the cats, Sadie should be going to her home this week. I have tons of kittens too little to adopt out. I am hoping the mom can handle all of them as I know I will not be able to get up and bottle feed and still function with the boys during the day.
I named three more girl kittens....one is Maggie, one is Merrily, and one is Sunshine. If I had the pics on this computer I would post....probably tomorrow. I would love to re-name Squiffy "T-Bone" since he's so tiny, but I think Squiffy fits him. He's doing great.
I'm up to only needing 5 more pledges to meet my goal. If any of you pledgees are reading, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are making a difference! That's what life is all about, isn't it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment