Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More info than I can handle!

There has been so many things these past few weeks! Because of the grant money that Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue has received, we have been able to spay/neuter 15 cats that would not have been otherwise! Beth has called the people who have advertised free kittens in the paper and offered the reduced price, as long as they qualify. Many of these people are so grateful to Beth for this and have been able to have their cats spayed and neutered because of her idea to make these calls. It's such a neat thing to be a part of!
Six cats have been adopted from PetSmart since Saturday so I am taking Mrs. Park and three kittens there tomorrow morning. Two cats were adopted today, so we are hopeful that all the cats that I have will be adopted by Sunday. I will take three more kittens on Friday. They are wonderful so I am certain they will find great homes very soon.
Goldie has had a urinary tract infection so she hasn't been displaying her best behavior when it comes to NOT using the litter box. If the infection clears up and there are no other issues, we will have to find her another suitable home where there are no other cats or she can be indoor/outdoor. This will break my heart into a million pieces because I truly love this cat, but I cannot have her pee all over areas unsuitable for cat pee. I will exhaust all my resources in trying to fix this problem as a responsible owner should, and if it can't be fixed, I will find her a happy and healthy home, as a responsible owner should. And I will cry if she has to leave, as a responsible owner should!
There's more going on, but you should read another blog, done by my sister, to get updates on that....it is http://whatiswrongwithme-randee.blogspot.com She has a very entertaining writing style and is currently a medical mystery, so I urge you to check it out.
I am running in a race (Finally) on Saturday in Sgt. Bluff. It is a 3.1 miler so should be a great fast run. The course is flat and I won the 30's age group last year and am hoping to again this year. We will see! I have been out of it for a while so I hope I don't choke the last minute!

Chili's is partnering with Paw Prints the entire next week. They will donate 10% if receipts if those patrons request vouchers to do so. It must be requested, so if you enjoy eating out, please visit Chili's next week and ask for your voucher! I am making table displays so hope you enjoy those too!
Enough for now. Hope to have good kitty pictures tomorrow. It's almost impossible to take pictures of cats by yourself and have them turn out, so we'll see...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment