Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A busy week!

I took three days off from running after this race, which is not normal for me. I was just exhausted and then stayed up late so figured that taking that time off wouldn't cause the prior two years conditioning to deteriorate. I am my own worst critic.
I ran 6 miles this morning and it felt great, so I might take that time off more often. Of course, the next time I do, my first run after the time will will probably make me feel like a clydesdale!

I have been working a lot with Paw Prints this week. We are going to apply for grants to get our first spay and neuter clinic held. This grant money could help Paw Prints change Sioux City's cat and dog euthanasia rate to almost nothing if the goals are accomplished. Please wish us some very good luck with this difficult procedure. It hurts my heart to know that so many good good pets are uselessly killed. It's honestly hard to sleep at night sometimes and others, I wish I didn't know the details.....yet I do so it's impossible to sit by and do nothing....hence, this page, facebook, the fundraising campaign!

I shall attempt another fast run in the morning.....we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment