Monday, June 29, 2009

Back to Work!

I am getting back into my pre-vacation running form, starting with a great 8 mile run this morning. It was in the lower 60's so very refreshing. I haven't run that far in three weeks, and I am happy to say that I haven't felt fatigued from the run, just the sun the past two days! I ran it in about 65 minutes and the last mile was in 6 minutes. Not too shabby!
I am also starting to enter our file info into the database that I have. It's been a while but I need to catch up. I will be doing this, probably forever, but the boys are playing nice in the mornings so I can get about ten files entered this way. I am determined to make this summer a "Summer of Fun" which means that housework and cleaning go by the wayside and fun with my kids will prevail! It's working so far but it will be hard to overlook the dusty wood floor during certain daylight hours. Oh well, it's only dust. We went out on the Missouri yesterday and to my parents' "house" on the river in Ponca. Today we went to Hillview Park in Hinton with our friends and had a great time. The boys are exhausted now, but wow, fun a fun time so THANK YOU ANNE!!!!!
On Thursday, Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue is getting 10% of all receipts for lunch and dinner from Chili's....if you ask for or have a voucher. So all you Sioux City area residents, go to Chili's on Thursday, July 2nd, and ask to have your 10% given to us. We thank you in advance!
I am still trying to learn how to use my new camera so I can't upload any new pictures.

I am strongly considering entering in the race for this Saturday in Dakota Dunes. It's a 5k and should be a lot of fun. I heard the stories from last year, running in the downpour, and there's some rain expected Friday night. I don't know why running in the drenching rain would be any worse than running in 20-30 mph winds and 40 degree temps. I guess I've gotten spoiled recently with the good weather! It would be another boost for Paw Prints, so I expect to be there with my "Running for a Paws" shirt on.

Has anyone else been trapped in the back of a plane with a disgruntled flight attendant who wouldn't let you past the drink cart because you didn't wait for the little light to go off (which it rarely does anymore) and went to the bathroom anyway? I guess I unknowingly broke the rules, but she was rude and I was glad I didn't eat lunch that day or I wouldn't have squeezed through the cart and seat. I'm still thinking back with a rather disgruntled view. I'm also a little peeved that I made a sleeveless t-shirt for running into my "running for a paws" shirt and the iron-on brand was so bad, that after one wash, it was terribly cracked. I followed the directions and my other shirts haven't been ruined like this one.....me-thinks a refund is due.

I am thrilled that my sister is coming for TWO weeks at the end of July. I will tell the story after she is here and makes a decision about a pet she has, but it's an important story to tell about Paw Prints and making decisions.

Thanks for being patient with me while I took some time off. I plan to blog as much as I can. I thought of tons of stuff to write about. Do you think I can remember them???? Time to watch my wonderful hubby (who got me some sparkly bling for our anniversary) play Mario Kart!

By the way, I looked at some of the last pics. I am a LOT more tan than I was before. I love the sun!!!!!! Yes, I do wear sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment