Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Race for Hope

The Race for Hope was this morning. For anyone who doesn't know, this race raises money for the June E. Nylen Cancer Center in Sioux City. The funds they raise will purchase things for the patients and family/friends, such as TVs for them to watch while getting chemo. What an amazing and inspiring group of people! I haven't stayed for the awards until today. I sincerely thought I would get one, but didn't. I chalk it up to an error in the timing system...but we'll see!
I finished the 15k (9.3 miles) in 1 hour 16 1/2 minutes. I felt great! I ran the first mile in 8 minutes and tried to keep the pace. A lot of the time, I was running alone, so I tended to slow down. It is on gravel as well, so I felt even better with my time. Last year, I felt absolutely terrible, so was pleased overall with my performance! When I got home, I decided to mow the yard too, so we're laying low watching football probably for the rest of the day today! So much to accomplish tomorrow....
I do have pics but they're not downloaded so will update when I can with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment