Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Belated Mother's Day

I just wanted to wish all of you mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day. Whether you area mother of two or four legged children, whether you are a foster, step, or a mother hen, three cheers for all mothers out there. What a wonderful gift...to be called a mom, or as some have it, woof or meow.
I had a very nice Mother's Day and it was a great excuse or reason to take the day and just be. I need to do that more often. After Saturday's running around and doing painting projects and mowing the yard, a day off was much needed. I don't do that for myself very often, and I know many moms who don't or can't. I have the luxury of a wonderful husband who urges me to take some time to breathe. I usually end up working on something else, but at least I can take the time if I want to.
I am in the process of beginning two fund raisers. I will include details when I know them, but they require my wonderful readers to go out to dinner some night. The profit will then be shared with Paw Prints. I'm looking forward to doing more and helping out.
I have a 10k in Orange City on Saturday for the Tulip Festival. It should be a fun and flat run. This will be the first time I have done this race and unfortunately, I will be there by myself as it's too early for me to get the boys out of bed to go. Paw Prints will be at Petsmart on Saturday as well. I had mentioned some new kitten pictures for today....they are sick and at the vets office being taken care of, so I can't get any right now. I hope they will recover and quickly.
This is about all for now. Looks like I could be getting some nice sunrise pictures soon. I saw a gorgeous one last week and wish I would have had my camera. Oh well! I plan to run with my camera phone this Saturday so hope to get some tulips in view. Well, it is sort of difficult to take the picture, so we'll have to wait and see. I guess I wasn't thinking of the reality when I had the idea!
Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment