Friday, May 8, 2009

This week

Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue needs $250 to purchase microchips in bulk-this saves $15 per chip. One of these needs to be implanted in my foster cat, Goldie. She LOVES to get outside and will slip through when she can. She's the perfect candidate for that! If I can get 25 people to donate just $10, we can reach our goal. If you can, please help!!!!!
Other than that, wow, what a week. With so many home improvement projects going on at my house, two kids, foster cat who enjoys meowing at night, and running, it's been quite a week! But a good one.
I added up my training miles and was pleasantly surprised to find that I have run 243 miles since March 1st. That explains why I fall asleep for a few minutes in the afternoon when Ryan is napping. That does not include one 10 mile race on April 4th. I have a race next weekend in Orange City. I haven't done a 10k in a while, so it will be interesting to see what my time will be!
I will have some new kittens to post pictures of on Monday so be sure to check those out. I am also considering doing the Race for the Cure in Sioux City on Sunday, Mother's Day. Not sure yet but I know I won't wear my "Running for a Paws" shirt. This is about surviving and fighting breast cancer, so respect that first and foremost.
Beth is transporting a St. Bernard to Minneapolis today. Thank you to Paw Prints for most likely saving this dog's life. I'm not sure there are many people who can adopt one of those large dogs around here!
I know there was something else I was going to mention but of course, can't remember now!
Please keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment