Saturday, April 25, 2009

Doggie up for adoption


We adopted a poor little dog yesterday. I feel so sorry for him! He is an Affenpinscher/poodle mix, who knows how much of each breed. He is not a puppy but needs some time like a puppy does. He's very small and is very sweet!
He was shivering in the back of the kennel when I went to get the current mom cat and kittens the other day and I couldn't stop thinking about him-I lost a lot of sleep. We are not ready for a dog yet and wanted to purely bring him into a home environment and then find him another home. He needs a lot of help with potty training, which I was unaware of when he was brought home, but we are giving it a try.
I'm hoping he can be adopted at Petsmart next weekend. I'm getting all of his shots taken care of and hopefully neutering him as well. Poor little guy, just needs a home with someone who can help him out a little!
He is already coming out of his shell a little bit, and it hasn't even been two days yet. I wonder what happened to him before.... he was obviously mistreated.

As for other things, I'm up to my ears with things and have been terrible about blogging, so sorry to my followers. I will do better, but I am in the process of uncluttering my life with "other" things. I have to give things up, like making and decorating cakes for friends, not being a care group leader for MOPS, Mary Kay, and the pet situation. It's not fair to them, me, and especially my kids. I am here for them first, so the other things need to go.
If anyone knows someone who wants a great little dog with a lot of heart, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment