Thursday, April 30, 2009

My kittens and other stuff

Thanks to Sonia Sue for her generous donation! We are almost up to $1300!!! Yeah! Thank you, but we still need to get more donations coming in. Spread the word and pass along this blog address so maybe we can let some new people know what a wonderful thing Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue does. Kudos to Beth and Kris!!!!!
Those kittens I have are soooo wonderful! I am taking them to Petsmart on Saturday along with their mom and Goldie. Hopefully they will be pre-adopted. We can't give them to new owners until they are given their first vet checkup. Goldie is recovering from her surgery. She scared me yesterday as she wasn't eating or moving around. All of a sudden, she came out of it and has been quietly active today. She is such an absolute sweet cat and deserves a very good home. As for the mom cat, Montana, she will have to be spayed before we can give her to the new owner but she can be pre-adopted. I really hope all of them are on Saturday!
I ran 8 miles this morning. It was strangely foggy/misty out. Do you know the smell when you walk into a hotel in the afternoon and you can tell they served breakfast that morning? Well, it smelled like that outside this morning, but add the smell of earthworms. Maybe it was some people making breakfast...plus the wet soil from the rain yesterday. Yuck. It's that time of year when it's completely dark when I start and light when I get done. Hopefully I'll be seeing some wonderful sun rises and I'll be sure to post some pictures.
I need to get some things done to prepare for our Petsmart event on Saturday (in Sioux City). Please send me your pet stories and I will post them! Send feedback as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment