Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I miss the kitties!






Picture top left: Little is looking at me with Tigger (grey) and siblings wondering what is going on.
Picture above: A new method of feeding.
Picture at left: Kittens being kittens!
Here's some pictures of the kitties. They had to go to Beth's (from Paw Prints) to get prepared for adoption. I miss them meowing at me and running up to me when I came downstairs to either see them or do whatever. They are such a special bunch and who knows, I may end up keeping one of them :)
They boys already miss them and I was really pleasantly surprised at how much they wanted to interact with the kittens. It's always nice to see rough and tumble boys show a very soft and loving side...not that they never do, but it just helps after seeing them roughhouse with each other!
I'm not sure what the plan is for the next batch. I'm sure there's more to come and soon, which is unfortunate since there's just so many cats out there!
I would like to make a note that after seeing Beth's beautiful house, she has sacrificed so much for these babies! She has cats in almost every room and in those rooms, she has covered her beautiful furniture so the claws can't ruin it. She spends a few hours a day feeding, cleaning, and caring for them, whether it's giving medication or brushing or just loving on. It is a neat operation, but it's all consuming. And that doesn't include the very important paperwork. As I've mentioned before, if anyone can volunteer, it is much needed, just as donations are!
As for the running, I'm taking it relatively easy this week, with a 6 mile, 5 mile, cardio, and tomorrow will be a 5-6 mile run. I will get back to doing long runs after the Easter holiday. My next race is on May 10th...it's a short one, but need to get some speed work in to see if I can beat my time from last year!
Well, my youngest has come over about ten times to get me to race with him (race those big truck things back and forth across the basement). I'd better go!

No comments:

Post a Comment